To develop projects with Stride, you need:
|Hard drive space||5GB|
|Operating system||Windows 7, 8.1, 10|
|IDE for writing code||Visual Studio 2019|
|GPU||Direct3D 10+ compatible GPU|
|RAM||4GB (minimum), 8GB (recommended)|
RAM requirements vary depending on your project:
- Developing simple 2D applications doesn't require much RAM.
- Developing 3D games with lots of assets requires larger amounts of RAM.
To develop for mobile platforms, you also need:
|iOS||Mac computer, Xamarin*|
- Xamarin is included with Visual Studio licenses. For instructions about how to install Xamarin with Visual Studio 201, see this MSDN page.
For information about platforms Stride supports, see Platforms.
Run games made with Stride
To run games made with Stride, you need:
- .NET 4.6.1
- DirectX11 (included with Windows 10 and later), OpenGL, or Vulkan
- Visual C++ 2015 runtimes (x86 and/or x64, depending on what you set in your project properties in Visual Studio)