To develop projects with Stride, you need:
|Hard drive space||5GB|
|Operating system||Windows 10, 11 [see (1)]|
|GPU||Direct3D 10+ compatible GPU|
|RAM||4GB (minimum), 8GB (recommended) [see (2)]|
(1) Earlier versions of Windows may work but are untested.
(2) RAM requirements vary depending on your project:
- Developing simple 2D applications doesn't require much RAM.
- Developing 3D games with lots of assets requires larger amounts of RAM.
Mobile development requirements
To develop for mobile platforms, you also need:
|Android||Xamarin [see (3)]|
|iOS||Mac computer, Xamarin [see (3)]|
(3) Xamarin is included with Visual Studio installations. For instructions about how to install Xamarin with Visual Studio, see this MSDN page.
Running Stride Games
To run games made with Stride, you need:
- .NET 6 if your application is not self-contained
- DirectX11 (included with Windows 10 and later), OpenGL, or Vulkan depending on the platform, and the graphics API override set in your
- Visual C++ 2015 runtimes (x86 and/or x64, depending on what you set in your project properties in Visual Studio)
For information about platforms Stride supports, see Platforms.