Stride provides a superset of the HLSL Shading language, bringing advanced and higher level language constructions, with:
- extensibility to allow shaders to be extended easily using object-oriented programming concepts such as classes, inheritance, and composition
- modularity to provide a set modular shaders each focusing on a single rendering technique, more easily manageable
- reusability to maximize code reuse between shaders
Stride Shading Language (SDSL) is automatically transformed to an existing shading language (HLSL, GLSL, GLSL ES).
In this section
- Shader classes, mixins, and inheritance
- Shader stage input/output automatic management